2nd & 4th
The HOLY SPIRIT has anointed & commissioned Jesus to be present (now within and through us) to:
- Proclaim good news to the poor:
- What kind of poverty is here? Spirit, speak good news.
- How good is your news, God? There is none better.
- Bind up the brokenhearted:
- What is broken here? Spirit, put the pieces back together.
- How capable are you to renew, God? There is none better.
- Proclaim freedom for the captives:
- Who is captive here? Spirit, speak freedom.
- How free are your people, God? There are none free-er.
- Proclaim release from darkness for prisoners:
- Who lives in darkness? Spirit, shine your light and open eyes.
- How much space does your light consume, God? All space.
- Proclaim the year of the Lords favor:
- To what are we indebted and cannot pay? Jesus, you have paid all debt of sin in full. “On earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
- How great and lasting is your favor, God? There is none greater.
- Proclaim the day of vengeance of our God:
- Where does injustice and evil have power? All power & authority belong to Jesus. All who call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.
- How just is your judgement? Completely loving and right.
- Comfort all who mourn:
- Who is mourning? Spirit, you are THE comforter. Come near and comfort.
- How well do you comfort? There is none more comforting.
- Provide for Kingdom-citizens who grieve:
- Where is there loss? Spirit, all provision truly is in you. Help us grieve our loss. We once were lost. You grieved us. You found us.
- Who knows grief more than you, God? None.
- Give your new identity, and take the old identity:
- Who identifies with ashes, mourning, heaviness & despair? Spirit, we accept your trade: your crown of beauty, oil of joy, and clothing of praise.
- Do you hold back anything of yourself, God? No, you do not.